Producing Sound Walls to Eliminate Traffic Noise
Written by GJ Stott
The AFTEC Precast Sound Wall Concrete Form is designed for the efficient manufacture of highway sound walls. AFTEC’s Sound Wall Forming Equipment casts sound wall panels that meet both the traffic noise mitigation and aesthetic criteria desired by Department of Transportation (DOT) engineers and specifiers.
AFTEC’s Concrete Sound Wall Forms:
- Are labor-efficient, versatile forming equipment which may be used to cast different types of highway traffic noise barriers and sound wall projects
- Have adjustable bulkheads, allowing for the manufacture of multiple panels and heights in the same cavity.
- Produce vertically cast full-height panels up to 40 feet in height, and in various spans
- Are capable of producing up to 2,200 sq ft of sound wall per casting
- Have the capability of producing various wall thicknesses within the same form to meet differing job specifications
- May be used in a casting facility, or brought to the job site for efficient production and installation of precast concrete sound wall sections
- Utilize interchangeable form liners, allowing for panels of different textures to be cast in the same forming system. Form liners are available in a multitude of standard or custom designed textures and patterns
- Provide highly defined formed texture in a natural stone, split face block or custom architectural designed appearance as specified, on BOTH sides of the wall, providing an attractive view from every angle
- Are capable of producing different textured panel sections during the same pour
For Information on AFTEC’s Precast Sound Wall Concrete Forming Equipment, contact AFTEC.